We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Friday, October 5, 2012

My Two Favorite Boys

This past week was Curtis' birthday (on Monday October 1st).  He was busy with tons of homework and preparing for a career fair in Orlando on Wednesday so we didn't get to do a whole lot for his birthday on the actual day so we'll be celebrating late on October 10th.  I made Curtis a birthday breakfast and he opened his presents, which were all biking-related.  Curtis likes to bike to school each day since we only live about 5 miles from the University of Rochester.  He was worried that his nice road bike would get trashed since it rains a lot and the people aren't very careful around the bike racks here so we found this awesome 1970's road bike on Craigslist which has been getting him to and from school ever since.  Since it rains a ton here (not just talking frequency, but the actual quantity of rain is INSANE when it does rain), he needed some rain biking gear.  I think he will stay dry in all of this stuff for sure :)
 
Curtis also received a package of spoons and forks for his birthday (only as a joke) but I have to explain.  I pack him a lunch every day and without my gentle reminders he often forgets to eat. (I personally don't understand that... I NEVER forget to eat. Mostly I have to remind myself not to eat so much.) He got in the habit of waiting so long to eat on certain days that by the time he went down to the place where you can get forks and spoons and napkins, they've already put them away for the day.  There was a period of a few days where he didn't eat any lunch since he had no utensils... so he got this brilliant idea. Why not just take several days worth of forks and spoons so he wouldn't have to eat lunch at a normal time? He came home one day with his bag full of forks and spoons and salt and pepper packets.  I thought it was quite funny so I decided to buy him some utensils for his birthday so he can keep them in his locker and doesn't have to steal large quantities of them from the school.
Now onto my other favorite boy.Kaden is a happy baby.  Lately he only likes to sleep in his carseat if and when he decides to sleep.  (Most of the time he seems to like to be awake and be held and be right in on the action at all times. He is one spoiled boy!)  He sleeps in strange ways sometimes...
I've mentioned before that Kaden is super wiggly.  He has started this new thing where when I try to burp him he doesn't burp but instead likes to try to climb up me.  Here is one such instance.  Or he'll pull his head back and then abruptly slam it into my face or shoulder while he's supposed to be burping.  He has a really strong neck for such a tiny boy and can hold his head up on his own.
Kaden is 7 weeks old and he just finished a growth spurt and is weighing in right around 8 lbs. which for him seems huge and chunky but then when I really stop and think about it I realize that is still smaller than average babies birth weights. For the first time since he's been born his newborn clothes are actually looking a little bit tight on him. Imagine that! Don't be fooled though by his "growth" because all of the 0-3 month sized clothes I have for him look like they will drown him for sure so I think he'll spend another few weeks in the newborn clothes.
 

 Kaden really likes his bath and I really like his bath because he smells SO good after! I love Johnson's baby products... (He really does like his bath but in this picture I accidentally got the water too cold so it looks like he hates it but usually he is all smiles and cooes. Oops!)
 

 Thank you Grandma Richelle for the cute Halloween sleeper! He loves it and he is so cute in it :)

 
This little boy has the cutest personality.  He makes really cute noises and faces and is starting to smile which is so FUN to see.  I love how this picture really captures a bit of his personality and expression.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Kaden is so cute. I just want to squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clever presents to Curtis! I also love Kaden's cute little expressions :) I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun update! Curtis looks hard core in all his sweet bike gear, and Kaden is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete