We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Trend Continues

My new trend is to not be good at blogging regularly... I hope it won't keep up but it's been a crazy few weeks. For starters, I had a great birthday! I can't believe I'm 28. Yikes! I've been enjoying my new MacBook Air and especially the awesome photo editing capabilities it has.  You'll notice I've played around with a lot of Kaden's pictures and changed the colors and added other things as well.  I'm really enjoying our cool camera and learning to take better pictures and edit them now too.  Hopefully someday I'll be good enough to need an upgrade on both my camera and editing software, but for now I'm loving what I have and am enjoying this as a new hobby.  I have not mentioned yet that I got a tutoring job for second grade twins.  They are Asian and very smart but their mom wants them "above grade level" in all subjects, so I'm tutoring them in writing even though they are already good writers.  It's only two hours a week but it's nice to get to use my teaching skills still a little bit.  And let's be honest, the people here pay what I wanted to charge in Utah and got laughed at for so that's not too shabby either :)

 Kaden's 3 Month Update-
Kaden is such a delightful boy.  We love the cute personality he is developing.  These pictures highlight so well some of the things that he does on a regular basis now that he's 3 months old.
 Kaden is our smiley boy and he is smiling almost all the time now.  He is so cute to listen to because he is constantly cooing and making cute noises with his smiles.

Lately Kaden also LOVES to suck his thumb. I have mixed feelings about that... while it is a self-soothing technique, I happen to think the slurping noise is disgusting and the teacher in me worries he'll be the awkward kid in first grade still sucking his thumb... but for now, I let him because he's still only 10 lbs and it doesn't matter. Plus how can you deny this boy what makes him so happy?

 This is something Curtis and I find quite funny, captured perfectly in this photo.  Kaden has a really strong neck and is pretty good at holding himself upright, until he becomes tired and it's too much work.  Then he simply does this and puts his head down and leaves it down until we switch his position.  Obviously I tried to do too many "sitting up" pictures and he'd had enough clearly.  

 
Maybe I shouldn't include this last picture, but sadly this is a major part of Kaden's life still at 3 months. He has really bad reflux and the poor boy is sad a lot of the day from discomfort, despite the medications and other things we do to relieve his pain.  He is such a sweet baby that it is sad to watch him be in pain.  Hopefully for him this phase of life will be over soon.
Love this boy's big eyes!  He is getting more curious each day and has a few "lines of concern" over his left eye (looking at him it's his left at least).  This is a look he get when he is staring at something new. 

 Kaden also loves to sit up on our laps, especially at mealtimes.  We eat almost every meal of the day with him on our laps since he gets so sad if we're at the table and leave him on the floor on a blanket or in his bouncy chair.
 Switching gears completely, we had Thanksgiving with 40 people at the church in Rochester.  All of us that were without family bonded together and made a meal of it.  It was fun but it did feel a little bit more like a ward function than Thanksgiving since a lot of us didn't know each other and were asking "first date" questions over our turkey.  (You know, "where are you from? what brought you here?" etc...)

 Kaden wore his little turkey outfit that my mom sent him.  It was cute on him, though the pants kept riding up as you can probably tell as well :)  This boy is so long and skinny, that usually his pants fall off his waist but are too short on him. If this trend continues he may be the boy wearing "man capris" that are actually supposed to be pants someday... ha ha!
Someone must have come to Thanksgiving with a stomach bug because I caught it and so did a bunch of other girls.  We all spent the rest of the weekend puking our guts out and other details I will leave out.  I actually got so dehydrated on Saturday that I had Curtis take me to the ER Saturday night to get some fluids since Instacare couldn't do that and I couldn't feed Kaden.  It took a few days but I am finally feeling better and am so glad.  I sometimes forget how grateful I am for a healthy body until I'm not healthy.  A good post-Thanksgiving reminder to me I guess to remember my blessings I sometimes don't stop to think about like my healthy body. 

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute! Just like my mom said (she saw some pictures on your Dad's ipad). I love the ones where he is smiling. So fun to see their little personalities come out. Don't you just love the cooing sounds, too. Such a fun stage. And I know it feels to you like he is growing and big- but he still looks so pint sized and tiny- SO cute!

    ReplyDelete