Wow! I am behind on blogging... The Fairbourns (Marv and Dana) came to visit us October 25-29 and we had such a good time together. It was fun for Kaden to meet his Nana and Papa and for them to meet him too. We love having company come visit (hint, hint) because we tend to be more adventurous when others are here and we go and explore the new places around us more. Notice in this picture that Kaden's hair almost has a reddish hue to it. We've decided he may be more of a strawberry blonde than a pure blonde.
The first day Marv and Dana were here the weather was AWESOME! It was 70 degrees outside, which it hasn't been since August. We walked along the Erie Canal Trail which is by our house.
We hung out at the house a bit too so Kaden could play with his Nana and Papa
We also went to Letchworth State Park the "Grand Canyon of the East." We had heard it was beautiful in the fall, which it was, but I wish we would have gone just a week or two earlier because I bet it would've been even prettier with all the leaves still on the trees. By the time we got there a lot of the leaves had already fallen off. Still breathtaking though!
Curtis took this picture- I love it!!!
We also went to Palmyra and to the Sacred Grove which is incredible in the fall!
I was looking at this picture and decided I know where this boy gets his face shape from. See a resemblance? Anyone?
We couldn't have been together around Halloween without doing a Halloween dinner. I just knew we would miss it if we didn't do that with them this year since that is one of my favorite traditions the Fairbourns do.
Marv and Dana timed their visit just right with Hurricane Sandy so that all the airports were closed and their flight out of Rochester got cancelled. They were scheduled to leave on a Monday and the soonest changed flight they could get would have gotten them home on Friday, so being the brave and awesome people they are, they rented a car and drove through the night and made it home Tuesday afternoon! Wow! I could never do that. It sure was fun to have them come and visit and I'm glad they were able to get home safely.
Since I love the Halloween dinner tradition so much I decided to invite over the families in our ward that live in Elmwood Terrace for a Halloween dinner on October 30. Everyone wore costumes and brought fun, Halloween food. We had chili, spooky cheese, spooky corn bread, ghoul-aid (punch), chips and salsa, Halloween veggies (arranged in the shape of a monster face) and monster cupcakes. Everyone contributed and it was fun.
We had a "pumpkin walk" for the kids (like a cake walk, but they got a mini-jack pumpkin instead), a "witches' swamp" (fish pond) and dancing to Halloween music. Our house was CRAZY with all those little kids running around but we had a good time.
Curtis and I were "laundry" and "static cling" ha ha.
And of course the cutest and happiest skeleton you've ever seen in your life... Love this boy! His costume glowed in the dark- pretty cool if you ask me.
No comments:
Post a Comment