We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Monday, May 13, 2013

One of those weeks...

It's been one of those weeks. You know the kind.  The kind where you have way more to do than time to do it.  I find that on those kind of weeks I get so overwhelmed when I look at my to-do list (because I am definitely a list person) that sometimes I do absolutely none of it when I have a minute of free time because I don't know where to begin.   I do a whole lot of useless Pinterest pinning and checking and re-checking my email and cleaning the same spots up in my house over and over that really look fine to avoid the tasks I don't want to do like calling the insurance about an incorrect claim or actually cleaning the bathroom instead of just thinking about it.  So then it just compounds the problem and my list continues to grow.  Anyone else have this problem but me?

Good news though! We found renters to take over the contract that will begin in July since our current renters at our Logan townhouse are moving in June. Whew! That was probably the biggest sigh of relief for me this week to get rid of a huge pile of to-do's.  We're in the home stretch with our insane schedule of Curtis studying 8-10 hours a day for the CFA on top of grad school/homework.  I think we're going to make it though I think we're both about as burned out as we could be, Curtis from never doing anything but awful studying and school assignments and sitting all day and me from trying to juggle all the stuff Curtis and I normally do together in addition to what I already do.  We're both so ready for summer! Not that I'm trying to wish this time away because good things still happen but it's been a long few months of this crazy schedule.  I'm looking forward to relaxing and having fun as a family on nights/weekends come June.

Since Curtis' schedule is such that he doesn't get out much during the week, we make sure that Sunday we take lots of family walks after church and try to be outside as much as possible.  We went to Highland Park last Sunday which is absolutely gorgeous right now.  Every year in May they have a Lilac Festival which started yesterday and the grounds are incredible!   I have really liked learning more about photography since I've been here and I've had fun taking lots of pictures to practice new techniques.  Here are a few shots that I loved from our family walk.

                                        Kaden didn't like the grass very much the first time
 He warmed up to it though
He loves the swing








 I've been working hard to learn this technique of the sun rays shining so I'm glad that I finally figured it out.  This park is so pretty!


1 comment: