It's finally starting to look AND feel like Spring in Rochester! I've been running outside and am loving the buds on the trees and all the flowers. I am starting to remember why we liked Rochester so much back before the 10 month winter. (Just kidding, but it was at least 6 months.) I've been looking for a good race to run this summer. I was stoked to train and run a half marathon in North Carolina but since we're only there for 10 weeks I don't have a lot of options as far as races go before we leave. One is called the "Scream." It's 13.1 miles downhill. Sounds easy right? But then I got to thinking how much that would probably hurt- knees, thighs, quads. It says on their website "it's the fastest half marathon you'll ever run but they don't call it the scream for nothing." It promises more pain than you've ever felt after a race. Hmmmm. Tempting. I think I'll keep looking though. I may have to settle for a good 10K or something.
We've been busy trying to get our Logan townhouse re-rented and solidify all of our summer plans. I'm super excited for summer! We'll be in Charlotte, NC for 10 weeks and then we're coming to Utah for 2 1/2 weeks at the end of the summer. Curtis' 2nd year of his MBA won't start until September 18 so I'm excited we'll have a month of free time between when the internship ends and school re-starts. I feel like knowing that we'll have lots of fun time together this summer is what's getting me through the next few more weeks of never seeing Curtis because he's always studying. Poor boy! He's so burned out and ready to be done. I think I'll start a paper chain countdown to June 1 (when he takes his test) to give us something to look forward to!
Since we're really lame-o right now with Curtis studying all the time (literally. Nights, weekends, early mornings...) I don't have a ton of other awesomeness to report, but here are some new pictures of Kaden. He has been loving his new, big boy tub from Nana and Papa (well new from Christmas but he just started using it a week or two ago since he can finally sit up without falling over). Tub time is now a favorite time of the day and Kaden often cries when I take his toys away and pull him out and make him go to bed. You know how he loves to play, why should this be any different? I'm so mean, that's just what it comes down to. Who am I to take my child's toys away anyway?
Kaden you cutie! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
ReplyDeleteThat tub looks awesome! And I hope Curtis does well on his test. Countdown Chains are definitely the way to go. I love them.
ReplyDeleteSo, when you guys get to Logan this summer I would love to hang out with you and officially meet Kaden.