We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

All About Easter

Happy (late) Easter to everyone! We had a great Easter this year but it was definitely different than what we're used to without all of our family around and family traditions.  I found the cutest idea online for Kaden's Easter basket and was so excited that it worked out. You'll have to let me know what you think of his tuxedo basket.



For Easter we got Kaden a new toy, one of those stackable rings toys and he loves it! He's getting much better at sitting up because of it.  We've been practicing...a lot.  I decided it was going to have to become a source of daily practice because of the excursion to Target the other day.  Normally he can sit up okay in the Target carts because they have a high back and the buckle goes under his armpits, which helps keep him upright better than the grocery store carts.  For some reason on this particular day he was having major issues.  He looked like a slippery fish sliding in and out of the belt, his feet sliding in and out of the feet holes, etc... He loves to grab his toes so he'd be in a V shape about every 2 minutes since he'd slide his feet into the cart and then grab his toes and lean back. Every time I'd stop the cart he'd either fall over or slide himself out of the belt or feet holes.  I even had one lady say, "Did you know your son is falling over?" It was awkward to say the least.  I finally just took him out, held him and pushed the cart.  Not ideal. So he's been practicing each day with me to sit up on his own.  I dare say he's gotten much better.  He sat in one of those wooden high chairs at Panera Bread all by himself yesterday! Progress...


Thanks to Dana for the cute rabbit and board book for Kaden, lotion, shoes and clothes for me and Curtis and thanks to my mom for the cute Easter outfit for Kaden. 

I know I'm totally biased since I'm his mom but doesn't this picture just make you want to squish Kaden's cheeks, blow on his fluffy hair and squeeze his cute little chubby baby arms? I think this is one of the sweetest pictures of Kaden.  There are moments like this for me where I want to freeze him at this age forever and never let him grow up.  But the older he gets the more fun he becomes so maybe I don't want to do that but I sure love to snuggle this cute little chubby boy!

In our Easter baskets Curtis got some new shoes and I got new headphones/armband for running! Yay! And of course no Easter (or any holiday for that matter) would be complete without Lindors and Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Love.


We got invited to dinner with two other families in our ward, the McBeths and the Harts and had a great time.  They are super fun and the dinner was delicious! Rachel McBeth made the most awesome & simple cupcakes I've ever had.  She had a box of vanilla cupcake mix and just put a dollop of Nutella in each cupcake before she baked them and then frosted them with Nutella. It sounds so simple it couldn't be THAT amazing...but it is. And if you like Nutella I dare say you should try it! I may never fully lose all the baby weight because of said discovery.  Oh well....

Do you ever find after a holiday that you don't want to go back to regular life? That's how I felt when I spent ALL day Monday doing taxes.  Usually Curtis does them but he's so busy studying for the CFA and his classes right now that I offered to try and do them this year. Ugh.  I am not sure why anyone wants to be an accountant, even with something like Turbo Tax to guide you every step of the way. More power to those individuals that like that stuff but for me it was like everything I dread in life converging into one activity.  I survived (cue applause here) and by Tuesday afternoon they were done but let's just say the first day of the week I've done anything like cook, clean or make a meal has started today (Wednesday).  No joke, last night we had the most random dinner- pancakes, mashed potatoes and pasta.  All carbs. All leftovers.  Nothing else. How's that for mother/wife of the year? Did I hear a nomination from anyone??? If you'd like to nominate me please comment below and I'll graciously accept.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe I have the cutest grandson ever! But what did I expect from a beautiful daughter and handsome son in law? Nothing but the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you for doing taxes, I have yet to dare do them:) I'm pretty sure Curtis appreciated your random dinner, especially since you were being so nice to do the taxes. I've definitely had my share of random dinners! We sure missed you guys this Easter. I'm looking forward to August!

    ReplyDelete