This week we had a special Stake Conference and Elder Bednar came and spoke. It was really a good meeting. One thing that he talked about that I really liked is that the Savior always turned outward and did acts of service for others even when he was struggling. After Gethsemene Christ healed the guard's ear, after the 40 day/night fast he sent angels to John the Baptist, and when He was on the cross He asked John to watch over His mother. In every instance he said that the Savior could have turned inward and helped himself, but he was always thinking of others. He mentioned that sin is selfish and makes us turn inward and it takes prayer to be more Christlike and turn outward when we're struggling and see who we can help or lift. That has been a thought I've really liked thinking about this week. I hope some of you will like it as we approach Easter this Sunday.
I had a few pictures of Kaden in his church outfit and thought they were cute and some of you might enjoy seeing them. We have Nana (Dana) to thank for the cute plaid shirt and Grandma (Richelle) for the cute pants and my friend Kristi gave us the sweater vest.
Look how happy Kaden is to be sitting with Curtis...
Remember how I mentioned Kaden always seems mad to be in pictures with me? Yup....
This is just a random picture I took the other day. I mentioned that Kaden tries to put everything in his mouth right? No exceptions...
Show me some love. Leave me a comment to let me know if you're on my blog. If no one reads it, no need for weekly updates right?




I love your blog and I love you. Keep the pictures and funny stories coming. They make me happy!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Your mother
Me me me!!! I read it! I love it. It's the only way I get to see picts of your cute fam.
ReplyDeleteI needed to hear that message from Elder Bednar. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMindy I'm glad you liked the message. I needed it too! :)
DeleteI read your blog! And I think one of my favorite pictures of Kaden so far is the one where he is eating Curtis' head.
ReplyDelete