We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Results Are In...

For those of you who don't know, Curtis has been working hard for a few months to get an awesome summer internship for his MBA.  He had two offers back in January and decided to turn them down since he didn't really want to work long term at either of those companies.  We prayed about it and felt like it was the right thing to do but the last few months have been super STRESSFUL while he has looked for a new one and not had a lot of luck.  He got an interview and then a final round interview with Wells Fargo working with an Options Strategy Group.  (For those of you who aren't married to a finance major, that means something to do with stock trading and investing.... At least I think I have that right ha ha.)  We've been waiting and waiting and waiting to hear back and (drum roll please).... he got it and we are headed to Charlotte, North Carolina for the summer! Yipee!!! We are so excited! If any of you happen to want to visit or will be in the area for summer please let us know.  Congrats to Curtis!

Have we mentioned that Kaden loves to play? Well he does. That is all he wants to do.  He whines when he's eating like he's not hungry and then as soon as we let him out of his highchair he immediately wants to play and is happy as a clam.  I just know in six years from now he is going to be that kid at school who never eats his lunch just because he knows that the faster or less he eats, the sooner he can go to recess and play. 




 Kaden also has a newfound interest in our food at the table.  The other day he stuck out his chubby hand before I could stop him, snatched my oatmeal and shoved a bite in his mouth.  He constantly wants to sit on our laps at mealtime and grab at anything he can reach.  He got a hold of my empty soup bowl the other night and we thought it was pretty funny. He sucked on it for probably five minutes and seemed really happy about it. 

We have this running joke that I can never get a good picture with Kaden.  He always looks away or gets grumpy when Curtis is snapping shots, not me.
 So I just decided to make the same face as Kaden since we can't seem to look happy together...


1 comment:

  1. Ah!! I'm so jealous.. North Carolina sounds like so much fun!! It's the setting of all Nicholas Sparks novels I swear. Go to the beach. Have fun! And post some picts along the way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete