We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Conquering the WInter Blues

Do you ever get lazy when it's been winter for too long? Well I feel like every year about this time I feel like I don't care about exercising, eating healthy or doing anything productive.  All I usually want to do is sleep in, watch tv (We are addicted to Psyche right now, thank you Netflix)  and hang out in sweats.  It is on days (and weeks) like these that our house begins to look disheveled. And of course I have no motivation whatsoever to clean at all. That is why I'm so glad that Curtis and Kaden decided to practice what they've learned at Hogwarts and cast a spell on our kitchen to clean itself.... too bad it didn't work!


Do you notice that these pictures all have something in common? Anyone spot what it is? Oh, yes it's this new weird face Kaden keeps making.  It seems to be the face for all occasions-for eating, for shopping, for playing.  I have no idea what it is or what inspires it, but I find it amusing. 






Mommy and son "swimming time"
Curtis and I eat our girl scout cookies different ways. I like to eat just a few a day and make them last as long as possible.  He would rather eat them all at once.  So to be fair we divided up our Girl Scout cookies (thanks mom!) and put them in our separate bags to be enjoyed at our leisure.

I teach the Sunbeams in our ward. They are so funny! On Sunday they were talking in sharing time about reverence and specifically at that moment, reverent mouths.  Sweet little Leah got out of her seat, walked over to Noah and Eliza who were whispering and says (with hands on hips), "Aren't you two listening? You don't have reverent mouths at all. You need to stop talking."  She then sat down and showed them what a reverent child would look like and said, "Now you try it." :)  I love it when I'm not the one who always has to tell the kids to be quiet, ha ha.

Oh winter. Go away soon! We need some spring in our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment