Well hello again. I can't believe the little man is a month away from being one. That seems crazy, it's all gone so fast. This picture says it all. He loves to stand, to grab, to pull on things. Kaden is such a fun and energetic little man and here's a look into his life at 11 months...
Kaden is into EVERYTHING!!!! Curiosity is this boy's middle name and he will think of things that I'd never dream he could get into. Just the other day I turned my back for a second and he pulled a cookie sheet from the cupboard, cracked open his snack cup and dumped it all over and sat in it to enjoy his feast of Cheerios.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who has a kitchen that looks like this...
Fleeing the scene of the crime...
This boy is the messiest eater you've ever met. We have literally tried like 6 different types of bibs to find one to keep him somewhat clean at mealtimes. (Pretty sure I've exhausted Target's full supply.) Yet every night I still find enormous amounts of food in his clothes and stuck to his body- avocado chunks, peas, corn, berries, cheerios, puffs, crackers, you name it, it falls out of his shirt and shorts every time I change him. I found corn in his ears the other day too!
We found these genius bibs at Ikea that are like a paint smock. So far that has worked better than anything else but when Kaden gets sick of being in his high chair he smears everything on his tray in his hair and ears and throws the remainder on the floor. Unfortunately for me, our Charlotte apartment has white carpet under the kitchen table area! Whose ridiculous idea was that? Obviously someone with no kids. I will personally guarantee it will be nowhere near white by the time August rolls around and we move out.
I have to remind myself what a blessing he is when he's being a stinker (which is most mealtimes.) He's become a very particular eater lately and only wants fruit, especially peaches and strawberries. Of course I'm never going to just give him fruit and I purposely give him that last at every meal or he won't eat anything else. I've had to start hiding the fruit so he doesn't see it because if he sees it he'll cry until we give it to him, then clench both of his fists and get mad and pound his tray. I hope this is a phase he'll grow out of, otherwise he's going to end up malnourished and with scurvy...
Kaden is so angry every night when we pull him out of the tub. Aren't we mean for ruining his playtime?
He usually gets over it though :)
This boy wants to walk so badly and loves to push things around so he can be standing upright
Kaden seems less like a baby every day and more like a little boy. It's fun but makes me sad too that I don't have a tiny baby anymore.
I think Kaden looks like my brother Tyler when he was a baby in this picture. I'll have to get a picture from my mom so all of you can see what I mean.
The bear crawl with only 1 shoe. Typical Kaden.
We love this little boy! He is sweet and loving and very fun and I truly am grateful to be a mom, even on the boring days and the days when I feel like all I do is pick up toys and try to make eating seem fun and delicious. I hope you loved hearing about him. Leave me a comment so I know if you stopped by to say hello. :)

Kaden is so adorable! I've been so frustrated that Jace won't crawl, but maybe it is not such a bad thing since he can't get into anything yet:)
ReplyDeleteAww kaden is getting so big and cute!!! I bet he will be walking in no time, and then he can run around with Evie when y'all get back! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun in Charlotte. I think I need to add it to my list of places to visit! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a chunky monkey and so cute. What out ladies...Kaden's comin' =)
ReplyDeleteKaden, Kaden you make me laugh! Such a busy, happy boy! Counting down the days until we see you!
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to find one of those Tyler pictures. We think he still looks more like you Gentri. Thanks for sharing you life with us
ReplyDelete