We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Naked Vampire Dentist

This blog post is a little of everything.  Just know that in advance and you'll feel right at home. 

Every night when we're done with dinner we go into Kaden's room, change his diaper, strip him down and then bring him into the bathroom.  He stands outside the tub while we fill it up and gets so excited! Every night he jumps up and down and sometimes gets so excited that he pees all over the floor. (True story. I think we've used an entire bottle of Clorox wipes in just one summer.)  Can you blame him though? Bath time is really quite exciting.  The irony of it all though is that the kid never actually stays in the tub.  He's so into standing and walking right now that he'd rather be anywhere but in the actual tub.  He is constantly diving over the side of the little inflatable tub, pulling himself up to the soap dish, (sometimes eating the soap before we can grab it away), grabbing the faucet, pulling the plug on his tub, etc, etc... Kaden is quite the wild child.  

(Excuse the bum shot but you can't get the full effect without it.)
Trying to figure out how to get the soap bottle in the corner.  He eventually dove for it and almost got really hurt, had it not been for Curtis' heroic efforts to pull him back at the last second.


I'm also going to make a prediction about Kaden's future job.  I think he may be a dentist because he is obsessed with toothpaste, toothbrushes and mouths.  He is always carrying this tube of toothpaste around and anytime Curtis and I are brushing our teeth he freezes and smiles and follows us around to try and get the toothbrushes from us.

In other news about dentistry, Kaden has been getting quite a few teeth in the last few weeks.  He is getting 2 more on the bottom and 4-6 on the top (we can't quite tell for sure yet).  The funny thing is that his canine (fangs) teeth are coming in first on the top.  They look like fangs.  Kaden's cousin Jace actually had the same thing happen, so maybe it is a weird Fairbourn trait they have both inherited, I don't know.  I keep trying to get a picture but they haven't quite poked through the skin enough that you can tell on the camera, so I'll post one as soon as I can get one to work.

And now for some strange sleeping pictures of Kaden... You may recall as a newborn he was quite the crazy sleeper, always coming out of his pajamas.  (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, go to my 2012 post called "Little Houdini.")  He has just historically slept in very strange positions and continues to do so.  If you need a little refresher, here's some pics from his infancy-

Thumb in the eye...
Nearly naked boxer...
 Meditating...
 Over the lap...
 Cowboy lasso prep position...
Daddy's shoulder (not so weird but sweet)
11 months. This is the short end of the crib. Doesn't that look so uncomfortable with his hands/feet through the crib railings? Ugh.

 11 1/2 months.  I wish I'd been able to get a side view of this picture so you can see how high his bum was in the air.  He sleeps like this on a regular basis as of late with his legs and arms tucked under and bum sticking way up high. So weird!

1 comment: