1. Curtis' internship ended Aug. 9th so we moved out of Charlotte August 10th. We stopped at the Outer Banks (OBX) for some beach time. Our hotel was awesome-literally right on the beach. The not so awesome part is that someone didn't like the beach. At all. That someone wouldn't go near the sand or water or even sit on the towel. I'll let you guess who. So after two hours of holding that someone and listening to whiny crying the whole time, we left. Oh well. Maybe next year?
(The building behind me is our hotel)
2. We stopped in DC after the OBX to see Scott (one of Curtis' best friends from high school) and Rachel Odell's new baby. Oops, I forgot to take a picture. He's darling though!
3. My 10 year high school reunion. Eee gads! Just for the record Curtis and I packed separately for our Utah trip, didn't discuss what we were wearing to the HS Reunion dinner and lo and behold, we were extremely matchy. So embarrassing, but so fun to see my old friends anyway! I love these girls.
4. Kaden's 1st birthday August 16th. Can't believe he's so old. My how quickly time is flying. He's the sweetest boy and we love him so much, bundle of energy and all. That was the day of my reunion so we celebrated a little late. He didn't seem to mind.
5. Spending time with the Seawrights. My parents celebrated their 30th anniversary with all of us at the Roof Restaurant! Yipee! We also went to the Hogle Zoo and had fun just hanging out.
This is random but if you look closely you can see Kaden's "fangs." His incisors came in before his other four front teeth so he looks like a little vampire.
My dad bought Kaden a stuffed polar bear and he was so excited, he just kept squealing and smiling. It was so cute!
6. Spending time with both families for a combined, fun birthday party and boating day at Bear Lake.
7. Spending time with the Fairbourns. Kaden loved playing with his cousins Jackson and Jace. Kaden really likes to push things right now and really didn't want to ride in the wagon as much as he wanted to push the wagon, or just play in/on anything poor Jace was trying to play with. Big bully.
8. The Mud Run. I love running. I love mud. I love fun. Why would this not be my kind of event? 5K with 30 mud-filled obstacles. Awesome! We ran this on Labor Day weekend right before the Fairbourn family reunion with Marv, Nicki, Brad, Curtis, and Curt's cousin Michelle and her husband Brian. We had a blast. I would do it again in a heartbeat- so much fun!
Kaden found the sprinkler while they were waiting/watching and was totally soaked. Doesn't he fit right in with Curtis and I? Ha ha.
Sorry this was so long. If you made it to the end, thanks and I promise not to ever post something this lengthy again... until next time I majorly procrastinate my blogging.


No comments:
Post a Comment