We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kaden at 13 Months

I figured mostly for my own benefit it's kind of fun to post each month what Kaden is into/enjoying because I find if I don't then I forget little things very easily and this is a fun/easy way for me to remember and share them with you. So please, indulge me will you?

At his 12 month appointment about two weeks ago he weighed 22 lbs and was 65th percentile for heigh and 37th percentile for weight.  Not bad for the kid who didn't grow at all until after 4 months.  He's caught up nicely and surpassed average for height.  He has 8 teeth (4 on top, 4 on bottom) and loves to smile.

My little monkey is so fun right now. I am absolutely loving this stage of his life. He is so sweet and fun and smiley, but also is a little sponge who learns so quickly and is so curious about everything.  I feel like he is starting to understand better when I talk to him/ask him to do something and he's finally starting to take to the baby signs a little to tell me what he wants instead of just whining.  (He still only does about 2-3 of them and one is totally wrong, but hey, it's a start, right?)

Kaden absolutely loves to be outside and do active things with us.  We go on family runs a lot and he sits in his jogging stroller and "sings" the entire time we're running.  He does the same thing in his bike trailer when we go for rides.  He hates his helmet.  (No surprise there if you have ever seen me try to keep a hat on him.)  Kaden loves to run and if we ever go on walks he'll stop and pick up every leaf, pebble and anything else on the ground and hand it to me.  It takes forever but it's so fun to see him noticing things around him.



Did I mention Kaden likes to play outside? He is OBSESSED with our little swing set we got from some friends here in Rochester.  Their kids had outgrown it and so they gave it to us for free and he has absolutely LOVED it!  It has 2 slides, a bridge and either 2 regular swings or 1 regular/1 baby swing is what we have up right now.

 He also loves vents. Of all kinds.  We just happen to have one outside right by his swing set. Yep...



 This little man is always on the move.  Never stops.  He's so curious.  (Notice the leaves in his hand.)

This is the handy work that Kaden did on our house the other day while I was hurrying to get ready so we could be somewhere and didn't have time to stop him after every random item.  If you can't tell he really likes shoes.  Particularly Curtis' shoes.  He likes to empty drawers or buckets or baskets and then put the stuff back in them.  But not always...


This is a horribly out of focus picture, but it gives you an idea of what our floor looks like around Kaden's chair after meals.  He's decided when he's done with whatever is currently in his hand that this is the best possible way to let us know- throwing everything he doesn't want off the side of his high chair...

One of Kaden's favorite things right now is to hand me anything he picks up all day long.  He gets so excited to bring me things, it's just so cute.  He also is really into lids.  He loves to snap them on and off containers, lotion bottles, toys, etc... so whenever we have a jar, container or box with a lid that is going to go to recycling we clean it up and give it to Kaden instead and he plays happily with it for days.



You may look at this picture and think it's goofy but he always has the funniest expression on his face when he's saying "Mamama" so I had to get it so others can see what I see daily... love it!
 One thing that is really strange about Kaden's bath time is that he rarely, if ever, actually sits down in the tub.  He stands the entirety of the time he's in there which I totally don't get since it's the coldest way possible to take a bath.

Kaden loves music (he continues to dance and head bang along to songs) and we've figured out he really likes Veggie Tales so every now and then we'll pull up some "Silly Songs with Larry" on YouTube and watch a few songs with him.  It's one of the only times he sits perfectly still and will sit on your lap.

We love our Kadenbug.  He makes every day exciting and adventurous.  He keeps me on my toes and helps me burn a lot of calories by chasing him all day.  

Just a random tidbit- I've been taking a photography class this month and it's been really fun.  That's part of the reason I have so many pictures to share because I've been trying to practice a bunch of the new stuff I've been learning and Kaden has been my guinea pig for a lot of it.

2 comments:

  1. giving kaden a bath is probably one of the most difficult tasks I've ever had... that kid is strong and very resistant to sitting down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing up so fast!! And is so cute. It's refreshing to see someone else's highchair looks like mine. Also LOVING the pictures of his handiwork while you get ready- pretty much what my whole upstairs looks like everyday that I attempt to get ready. Ahh. These fun boys! You are doing a great job and have a real cutie on your hands!

    ReplyDelete