We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

December's Odds and Ends

I know I'll have a long post about our vacation to Utah so I have to throw these little tidbits in somewhere…

Our friends, Jeannette and Sean Neal threw a Christmas party the first weekend of December outside in their backyard. It was decorated beautifully with lantern lights, candles, real pine boughs on the table (smelled heavenly) but my goodness it was COLD! They had fire pits all over the yard but everyone's "drink" was really just a frozen ice block and all my limbs were totally numb by the time dinner was over and they let us go in the house for caroling and dessert.  Fun idea. Maybe better executed in the summer or fall. Or in Arizona. :)
 My frozen carcass is seated in the bottom right of the picture with a red beanie and gray coat on
Everyone that attended stuffed inside the Neal's house after caroling.  Curtis was such a ham during the Little Drummer Boy. He had everyone cracking up around us so hard they couldn't sing. I can't tell you how many people have said that they'll never hear that song without thinking of Curtis again. :)

Also during the first weekend of December, was our ward Christmas party. These pictures are from our ward Christmas Party photo booth.  The party itself was rather lame-o but the booth was cute and they had all kinds of fun photo props.
Kaden's first visit to see Santa went well. We have a membership at the National Museum of Play and they were having Santa there on a day we were planning on going anyway so we figured it would be fun to go. We thought Kaden would be scared of Santa but he was very pleased that Santa gave him a stuffed animal and he had a great time touching Santa's beard.  



Our Christmas card from this year.  I must confess I found this card design on Shutterfly but unless you ordered over 200 they were $2.50 per card and I didn't feel like paying that much, so I sent the link to my friend Jackie Schwartz, who is a graphic designer, and she made them up for me instead for much less and then I printed them as photos.  Ha ha. The DIYer in me can always seem to find a way around things that I don't like to pay full price for.

                                     
Oh December, how I love thee!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute picture of little Kaden and Santa. I love the look on his little face. Miss him already. I love Curtis with a mustache. Gentri, you will always be a "dear" to me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete