We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christmas with the Seawrights

We were lucky enough to get to spend Christmas with family again, which is super nice when we don't see them at other holidays since we live two plane rides away.  We spent Dec. 18-Dec. 25 with my family (Seawright's) and then Dec. 26 to Jan. 2 with Curtis' family (Fairbourn's).  I took a million pictures as always so I'll just have to do two different blog posts.

There was LOTS of snow in South Jordan so Kaden got lots of snow playtime with Aunt Missy and Grandpa Mike.  He wasn't sure of the sled at first.  He seemed to warm up to the idea as he did it a few times on different days though.

The many faces of Kaden on the sled. Unsure. Perplexed/Hating. Gleeful.







 Every year my Dad plays Santa for a lot of the neighbor families.  We tried to get Kaden to sit by Grandpa Claus but he wasn't super thrilled with the idea until I sat with him.

 I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus...

I went with my Dad and played Holly the Elf while he went to the Crookston's to play Santa. I don't think one of their granddaughters liked me very much since I didn't give her the toy she wanted out of the bag. She asked me for another one and I told her I didn't have another one. So she went and asked Santa for one and he told her she could have it.  Then she came back to me and told me to give it to her. I told her the toy she wanted wasn't in the bag and she started to cry. Aah! I think I'm the worst elf ever. Good thing it's normally Missy's job, not mine.
We went to Temple Square to see the lights.  Kaden was not very excited about sitting in his stroller.
Kaden lost one of his gloves not long after we got out of the car.  We didn't want his hands to freeze so we had him wear Curtis' gloves so if you notice the giant hands, don't be alarmed. :)

Apparently he didn't like Curtis' gloves any more than his own since he's not wearing them in several pictures.  Oops!


Kaden had lots of fun with Grandpa Mike building a snowman.
 One of the highlights of our time in Utah was going to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU.  We really enjoyed it a lot.  I've got to admit that I never really thought any of his paintings were that stunning, seeing them at church in the halls, but after learning some of the stories behind them I really enjoyed them a lot more.

 Christmas Day we had lots of fun opening presents.  Santa gave Kaden a basketball hoop that is just his size, some blocks (which he LOVES), lift the flap books, and some foam magnets.  He also got some fun things from Grandma and Grandpa and his aunts and uncles.

 Kaden got a new Elmo from Grandma Richelle. He loves "Meh-mo" and carries him around all the time.  He especially loves to watch Meh-mo sing songs on the iPad.





We had a lovely Christmas with my family and enjoyed being able to spend it in Utah with everyone.  More to come about Christmas Vacation Part 2 with the Fairbourns...

No comments:

Post a Comment