We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

All About the Kaden-man

Kaden calls himself the "Kaden-man" so I feel the title is only appropriate. Kaden is turning into quite the little ham lately. Curtis and I crack up daily at the things he tells us.  Here are a few of my favorite "Kadenisms" as of late:
  • We were eating lunch one day and Kaden turns to me and says, "Mommy, the wetter (letter) "W" likes to eat soup for lunch." 
  • He tells me daily in a very commanding voice, "Mommy, you are a Queen!" He tells Curtis he's the Queen too... ha ha. No idea where this came from, but it's sure funny. 
  • I left the mop out in the kitchen one day and Kaden picked it up after his nap and started mopping the floor furiously. He mopped right in front of the fridge, so I had to walk through his mopping to get something out of the fridge. He turns to me all seriously and says, "Mommy, you messed up Kaden's work!"
  • We must go to Costco too much because we went to the aquarium and he saw a lady sitting at a table full of shark jaws, shells and other things you can look at/touch. He grabs my hand and goes running. "Mommy, lady have samp-ohs (samples)!" 
  • We had a little baby Jesus and a porcelain bed for him to sleep in. Kaden had been so careful all month long to not drop it or break it, and one day right before Christmas he just picked it up and chucked it across the kitchen and yelled, "Kaden throw baby Jesus' bed!" Obviously it broke into a few pieces. I said, "Oh Kaden, how sad. Now baby Jesus doesn't have a bed to sleep in." He thought for a minute and said, "it's okay Mommy. Jesus can "sweep" (sleep) on the ottoman." 

He loves to sing anything and everything and loves to talk and manipulate words. Lately he decided it would be fun to make the ABC's more interesting to sing. Instead of your normal way, he now sings almost every letter with a "K" sound on the end. "Ake, Beek, Ceek, Deek, F, G-k, H, I, J, Kake, L.... and sometimes even mixes it up with "iki" and "ciki" on the end: "Aki, Biki, Ciki, Diki, Eki, F, Giki..." He's quite the entertainer. 

Kaden loves Nursery Rhymes and some of his favorite little "shows" are on YouTube that are all nursery rhymes set to music- Mother Goose Club and Little Baby Bum. He's learned all the nursery rhymes from listening to them while I get ready in the morning and he's really taken to "Jack be Nimble." He will turn anything he can find into a candlestick that he can jump over. He particularly likes all of my wooden cooking spoons.



Kaden also loves Peanut Butter and gets such a thrill from eating peanut butter on a spoon. (I wonder where he got that from?) He is a boy after my own heart. 

Kaden is also quite the little observer and the word resourceful comes to mind. The other day he got up around 6 am and snuck downstairs before we were awake. He was hungry for eggs, but rather than wake up Mommy and Daddy, he just decided to make them himself. He got his tiny chairs, climbed onto the counter to get a "bowl" (aka the splatter guard from the microwave that we put over our food that has holes in it to let steam escape) and the butter. Then he preceded to get the eggs, milk, and cottage cheese out of the fridge to complete his eggs.   He put the butter in the frying pan and had cracked the eggs (impressively enough with no egg shells) into the splatter guard and added milk and cottage cheese. (You might think that cottage cheese sounds weird, but we put it into our eggs to make them fluffy. I stumbled upon it once by accident in college and they're super delish!)  We came downstairs and even though he'd made a huge mess, we couldn't be mad at him because he was so proud of himself. Quite frankly, we were pretty impressed that he was observant enough to remember all the steps and clever enough to pull it all off. I still can't get over the fact that there were no shells in the egg mixture! Most adults can't even do that, let alone a two year old!!!


I think Kaden might be sensing that he'll be competing with babies for attention in the near future because lately he's had a love/hate relationship with all babies we come in contact with.  He got a new baby cousin on December 5th when Tyler and Ashley had baby Alexis. We were at my parent's house and he got to meet her for the first time and was so sweet with her. He went up and kissed her on the head and said, "Hi baby "Wexis" (Alexis). I like this baby." Not two or three days later we got her birth announcement/their Christmas card in the mail and I said, "Kaden look, it's your new baby cousin." He got all mad and said, "No, Jackson and Jacer-boo are Kaden's cousins. She not my cousin. Kaden no like that baby."

(I did Alexis' newborn pics and I just have to sneak in my favorite one because I can't even stand how cute she is.)

I sure love my little Kaden-man. He is sassy, grumpy and downright two years old sometimes, but he sure is funny and makes me smile, even if he does fight me on EVERYTHING.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment