This month has been crazy and busy. One because it's just Christmas time and there's always so much going on, but also we've been out of town a LOT! We had renters in our townhouse in Logan for the last two years while we were in NY and now that we're back in Utah we've decided to sell the property to use as a down payment on our own house. So the week of Thanksgiving our renters moved out and we headed up to Logan to spend Black Friday repainting/repairing and fixing things. It took awhile, but I think it's looking pretty good. We're hopeful that it'll sell soon since we're paying rent/mortgage right now until it does.
We were in Logan every weekend of December for family things, so our weekends have been pretty booked. My plan was to be a totally awesome mom and take Kaden somewhere really cool to see Santa and have the full experience. December just happens to be Curtis' busiest month at work because the stress testing deadline for the bank is January 5th, he has worked crazy 12-16 hour days most days this month. I figured that was something Curtis would like to do with us, so we waited. And then every time he was home we were out of town... so fast forward to the weekend before Christmas, December 20th. Yeah, we still hadn't taken Kaden to see Santa.
So we found out that RC Willey was having Santa and free hot dogs/drinks. We decided that would be our awesome Santa outing since we'd kind of run out of time to do anything much cooler. Luckily Kaden didn't seem to care that he was sitting on Santa's lap in a furniture store with 35 salesmen breathing down our backs. Santa asked what Kaden wanted for Christmas. "Presents." "What kind of presents?" Santa probed. "Green ones." Ha ha! I think Santa can do that...
He was thrilled to pieces that Santa gave him a "candy kin" (candy cane.) He talked about it the whole way home how he got a candy kin, hot dogs and soda. So maybe I underestimate the coolness of the RC Willey Santa experience. Isn't it a blessing that kids really don't seem to care that things aren't always that cool or that perfect? I wish I could see life so joyfully/simplistically as Kaden does sometimes. I think I'd be a much less stressed person and much more happy with life.
We have the same RC Willey picture. I hope you guys had a great Christmas!
ReplyDelete