I was going to be super awesome and wrap up all of our Christmas books so that every night we could unwrap one and read it... Then reality set in and I just put all the books in a basket by the tree. Good enough for me. Kaden absolutely loved reading the Christmas stories. His favorites were the Polar "Bress" (Express), the Jingle dog stories (with the interactive dog that barks/sings/whines when you say certain phrases) and the Grinch. He would sit by the tree and read forever.
During December we tried to do some fun things even though Curtis was working 12-14 hours most days. I hosted a "Holiday Treat Exchange" with the girls from our neighborhood. Of course we were having so much fun I didn't think to snap a picture of anything from that night. We had a hot chocolate bar and played "Two Truths and a Lie" to get to know each other better. It was a hoot! I have some fun friends here in Bountiful for sure.
We met Curtis one night after work downtown and went to dinner and then went to the Christmas Carole Sing-Along at the Energy Solutions Arena. The sing-along itself was pretty lame, but Kaden seemed to have fun and jumped up and down the majority of the time (aka "danced" to all the songs). The best part of going was the free perks on the coupon they gave us at the door. We have 4 free tickets to a Jazz game, 4 free tickets to a Bees Game, 2 free large popcorns at the Megaplex Theatres and a few other things. I'd go again just for the free stuff. :)
We went to Temple Square and didn't make it around to see much. Kaden is such a typical toddler and is so easily distracted with the most random things that we barely made it in the front gates and over to the nativity/reflecting pool. Oh well. He seemed to like all the things that were "lighting up."





No comments:
Post a Comment