We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Twin Gender Reveal

Curtis and I went to our gender ultrasound for the twins on February 2 (Groundhog's Day.) I really wanted 1 boy and 1 girl, just to make sure I had one of each gender since I'm not sure if my body will cooperate enough with the endometriosis for another pregnancy or not. Plus I really felt like for twins that is the perfect scenario because then they can still sort of have their own identity and be their own person more easily than if they were the same gender. Plus I'm a girly girl and just wanted one girl, since I already have my one boy. My heart of hearts was really praying for one girl.

The ultrasound tech couldn't get Baby A to cooperate for the longest time so we had to come back. Baby B was definitely not shy and was clearly a boy. Once she got Baby A to uncross its legs, we found out it was a boy as well. I started to cry and immediately said, "Check again to make sure." I was devastated to think that I still won't have a girl. I felt so guilty being sad about 2 more boys, but I really wanted one of them to be a girl. I cried for the majority of the day we found out. We called to tell our parents and I sobbed through both phone conversations. I decided not to tell anyone else until later in the week when I could be more excited about the news. I think I'm very overwhelmed since Kaden has been such a handful for me so much of the time, I'm honestly scared that I won't be able to handle 3 boys and won't know what to do with them. Plus I'm so girly. I know nothing about sports. I was sad to think of feeling left out of my own little family when they get older and want to spend family time together wrestling and playing football in the backyard and what not.

Obviously time has eased my sadness a bit. I've prayed a lot for reassurance that this is what is supposed to happen and prayed for comfort to not feel sad about 2 more boys. I've received a lot of comfort and have gradually gotten more excited as the days have gone by. I think it'll be really fun for Kaden to have two brothers. He wants to name them "Two Bears." Ha ha! Good thing he has no say in the matter, huh?

We didn't do anything fancy this time around, like a dinner party, like we did for Kaden to reveal the gender of our twins.  We wanted to tell Kaden before we told anyone else. For weeks leading up to our ultrasound we'd say, "Do you want brothers or sisters or both?" He always said, "Sisters." We bought some stuffed sports balls- football, basketball, soccer ball and sports party hats at the dollar store and two balloons that said, "It's a Boy." We gave Kaden the present and told him that he could share the balls with his brothers. I don't think he comprehended at all what we were saying. The thing that kills me about this whole event is how fun I thought it would be to buy silly string... just watch the video to see how fun Kaden thought it actually was.






This was my announcement on social media:

No comments:

Post a Comment