We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Monday, May 11, 2015

Anniversary & Mother's Day

This year we celebrated our sixth anniversary on May 7, 2015. It's hard to believe that it's been six years! I feel like I love Curtis more now than I ever could've imagined six years ago.

Since we are closing on a house and moving next week, life is a little bit crazy and we didn't have very much time or money this year to celebrate by doing anything big, which is totally fine. I'm also pregnant enough with the twins that we're pretty limited in what we can do anyway since I get tired/sore really easily with anything that involves much movement. Ha ha. We decided this year just to do dinner and a movie, about as low-key as you can get. Our anniversary was on a Thursday this year, so since weeknights are always a little crazy we decided to wait until Saturday to go out. We failed to realize that it was the night before Mother's Day, so it was insanely busy everywhere. Didn't even cross our minds...We went to Red Lobster. Somehow they put us down as a party of 6, so we ended up waiting for an hour and fifteen minutes to get a table. When they called our names and realized we were only a party of two they felt really bad since they could've gotten us in much sooner. That little error made it so we missed our movie unfortunately. (The shows were all at 7:30 or 10:30 and we didn't want to go to the 10:30 showing since our little buddy wakes up at 6-6:30 most mornings and we can't seem to handle life if we don't get sleep.)

We had a great time at dinner regardless and thoroughly enjoyed our seafood and dinner by ourselves.   We decided since we missed our show and there was nothing else playing anytime between 8 and 10:00 that we'd just head home and rent a movie instead. We love the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies, so we ended up watching the latest one that we'd still never seen, Dog Days. We laughed our heads off (even though it's a silly kids' show).  It was a good anniversary, even if it wasn't anything too flashy.

For Mother's Day Curtis let me sleep in (the one gift I really wanted so badly.)  We had a nice morning as a family.  I got sweet letters from both Curtis and Kaden, and Kaden drew me "three pretty pictures."  I wanted to get a few pictures of our family before church at 11 am since it might be the last time we get any pictures of our family as just a family of three. We went to Mueller Park Canyon which is close to our house. It's stunning this time of year, and one of my favorite places to do photo shoots for other families, so why not do ours there as well?

I love how they turned out! I love my little family so much. Curtis and Kaden make me so happy and I can't wait to meet our twins and be a family of five soon. 





I'll be 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow. It is flying by. Even though I'm decently uncomfortable and I feel huge, I hope the twins will stay put for a few more weeks, since we've got moving/unpacking and Missy's wedding before I want them to make their debut. 



You gotta love Kaden's silly faces. This little boy has so much personality. He kills me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment