In anticipation of them moving away, we wanted to hang out with the MacLeans as much as we could before they left. On Memorial Day we went to a Bee's Game together since we had some extra and free tickets. (Double awesome.) We had tickets in the seats, but decided the kids would have more fun if we just sat on the grass instead. We were right. They ran around the entire time. There was a free train ride going on behind us and Kaden and Evie wanted to ride it so badly. Curtis and Kyle stood in line with the kids forever to take them on their 30 second train ride. Ha ha.
Kaden is such a natural born, rule follower... baha!
It was the highlight of Kaden and Evie's night to see the Bee. They kept shrieking for joy and couldn't stop smiling.
The Bee danced with Kaden and he talked about it all the way home. Isn't it amazing how the smallest, simplest things are so amazing for a little kid? I love seeing the world through Kaden's eyes. I wish as an adult that silly things like this could bring me as much joy as they bring my child.
Miranda's grandma threw a little going away party that we were able to attend the night before they moved.
Kaden and Evie didn't eat much dinner because they were too busy playing and running around her grandma's fun backyard the whole time. They found a "dage" (stage) aka a porch, and spent the majority of the evening singing and dancing on it. :)
I know that Kaden is probably too little to understand what it means that his friend is moving far away, but it's still sad. I dread the day in the future when he asks to do a playdate with Evie and I have to tell him "no, we can't play with her anymore." I cried as I said goodbye to Miranda. She has been one of my best friends the last few years and I really don't think I could've survived Rochester without her. I know friends come and go, but I will really miss the MacLeans more than I think I even realize right now. These are the last pictures of the two of these sillies together. I know over the year friends always come and go, but I really hope Kaden will have another friend that he plays with and likes as much as "Evie grul." (Evie girl)







No comments:
Post a Comment