We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Friday, June 12, 2015

MIssy's Wedding

My younger sister Missy got married on June 5, 2015.   She married Tanner Orton.  He's treated Missy so well from day 1.  He's a really sweet and talented kid.  We really like him. Her wedding was 3 days before I hit 37 weeks with the twins, so for months I've really worried whether or not I'd be able to attend.  My doctor kept telling me that the average twins are born between 35-37 weeks, so not to plan on it.  There were a LOT of prayers said on my behalf, that the twins would stay put so I could attend. 

Well, prayers were certainly heard and it was a pleasure to be there and be able to celebrate Missy's special day. She was the most lovely bride and I've never seen her happier in her whole life. She got married in the Salt Lake Temple, and had her luncheon and reception at Noah's in South Jordan, since both she and Tanner are from South Jordan. In fact, Tanner's family lives one neighborhood over from my parent's.  They're in the same stake, but never met since they weren't in high school at the same time. Such a small world.  So both of my siblings married someone from SoJo. I'm the only one who ventured off the beaten path so it seems and married a boy from Logan. :)
  


Uncle Jerry. Such a lovely bride...


 My parents, Mike and Richelle and Kaden







My 6 month old niece, "Baby Wexus" (according to Kaden), aka Alexis and Missy


Missy and my brother Tyler


Ty, Ashley and Lexi

Missy had me do the luncheon pictures, which was fine with me to be behind the camera, rather than in front of it, but Tyler insisted that we needed a picture of Curtis and I so that Missy would have that memory.  Right before we went to take it, I noticed Curtis had something green in his teeth. He couldn't seem to get it out, so I was trying to help him, not realizing Tyler was snapping pics.  I couldn't help but include it because it made me laugh. "You know you've been married for a few years when..." ha ha.


Missy's reception was super fun. Kaden ate only ice cream for dinner that night (parent's of the year, right?) 







This picture pretty much says it all: Kaden was yet again the Lord of the Dance on the reception dance floor.  He stole the show last summer at Nate & Debbie's wedding and didn't fail to deliver again this year. He was in the middle of this giant circle of cheering people for well over two songs, showing off all of his dance moves.  That little boy loves attention and loves to be the star of the show.  I think we may have a performer on our hands.  I danced my heart out as well, figuring, "okay I made it to the wedding, now maybe if I dance hard these twins will decide they're good to make their debut soon." No such luck.... It was a hoot.  I love my little "break dancer boy" as he calls himself. 


1 comment:

  1. The picture you took are priceless. Thanks so much. We have such a handsome family don't you think?

    ReplyDelete