We blessed our twins on August 2, 2015. Curtis did a really nice job with both of the blessings. We weren't sure who to invite/not invite so we basically invited the majority of both of our families so no one felt left out and surprisingly everyone came. We had Curtis, my dad, Marv, Jason, Kyle, Grandpa Fairbourn, Jeff & Dave Rowell in the circle for the blessing.
Dana took notes for us, so I can actually recall what their blessings' said. This was especially helpful since Kaden decided to scream through most of Carson's and throw a tantrum and I was so busy trying to shush him and keep him quiet that I honestly couldn't hear it and was so grateful to have the notes to look back through later.
Cole's Blessing: Name and a blessing- Cole Wilson Fairbourn. Blessing to be able to maintain incredibly sweet spirit demonstrated thus far. I perceive that you have a very calm and peaceful spirit, which is important in a not-calm, wicked world. I bless you to be able to be in the world, but not of the world. I bless you to utilize the gifts of peace and calm to stay close to the Lord. I bless you to be diligent to keep the commandments and learn quickly the things of God to accomplish His will. You had a miraculous birth. I bless you to be perceptive of the Lord's blessings, to see His hand in all things and be able to have a determined heart and mind, that you'll be able to see things through. I bless you to be able to overcome challenges and obstacles and have a love of the Savior in your life. I bless you particularly that you'll be able to reach out to those less fortunate and be a peacemaker, outside, and especially inside your family. Through your example you'll show others how the Lord would have them act. The Lord loves you. I bless you that you'll be a strong man of God.
*Neither Dana, nor I could hear very well on this blessing, so I'm sure there's many details missing. Sad...
Carson's Blessing: Name and blessing- Carson Thomas Fairbourn. This blessing will carry you throughout your life. You have been chosen for a specific purpose in our family. YOu had a miracle birth. I bless you to be able to be perceptive of the Lord's hand in your life and with the power of discernment. You'll be blessed with spiritual sensitivity and be able to be close to the Lord and keep communication with Him. I bless you with health, to be able to overcome any physical challenges. You have a sharp mind and you'll be able to comprehend things around you, especially things of the Lord. You have a lot of love in your heart. Make it a positive force in showing love and compassion for others.
After sacrament meeting, we had everyone over to our house for a luncheon. We had taco salad and cookies. It was delicious. We'd been slaving away in the backyard for about two weeks prior to the blessing, to make it presentable so we could have tables out there for people to eat, since we didn't have enough room for everyone in our house. We put in curbing, landscaping fabric, mulch, a honey locust tree, 3 junipers and pulled two garbage cans' worth of weeds on our rock wall in the back. Needless to say, it was a lot of work, but we're pleased with how it has come together. We never could've done it without the help of the Fairbourns and my parents. My parents helped us weed one weekend/watch the twins. Marv, Dana and Jason came down for Friday/Saturday before the blessing to help us work and my mom watched the twins while we worked on Saturday and my dad helped us a bit too.
I wanted to remember who came to the blessing, so I've got pictures of everyone:
Curtis' cousin, Michelle Swaner & Lizzie
Joy & Ethan LeGrow
Tanner & Missy
Lexi & Tyler
Aunt Kristie (holding Cole) (Uncle Larry was there too, not pictured)
My Dad (holding Carson)
Curtis & Connie Rowell
Dave Rowell
Jared Harper (Aunt Shelley was here too, but I didn't get a picture of her)
Grandpa Fairbourn
My Mom & Cole
Aunt Sherrie & Uncle Jerry
My cousins, Ann & Michelle Harper
My Grandma, Gram Thomas
Dana & Kyle
Curtis' cousin Jeff Rowell & Nathan
Jeff's daughters, Audrey & Grace
Matt Rowell & Jason
Anna & Brian Swaner
Kaden running amok...
This is all he ate for lunch that day....
Four Generation Picture- Me, Cole, Mom, Carson & Gram
Four Generation Picture- Curtis, Kaden, Cole, Grandpa, Marv & Carson
Sweet Carson boy
My parents and all their grandkids- Kaden, Cole, Lexi & Carson
Cole, who couldn't be bothered for pictures. Ha ha.
Carson's "stink face"
Nana & Papa and the twins
Kyle & Jason
Kaden playing between the couch and ottoman. Not sure why.
Me & Carson






































No comments:
Post a Comment