So I thought I had a cute idea of dressing Kaden up in his little suit and I was going to send a picture to my friend Miranda (for her daughter Evelyn) from "Kaden" saying, "Will you be my Valentine?" But then reality struck. Kaden didn't feel like smiling. Or even being just mildly displeased for that matter. He sobbed and sobbed. This picture is the sole reason for the title of this post. I guess not everyone likes Valentine's Day. Maybe next year?
Valentine's Day was fun this year since Kaden is old enough to understand unwrapping presents a little bit more. We got him a Mr. Potato Head and a new book (Eyes, Ears and Toes). We had pink, heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast.
Kaden got some fun stuff from both Nana and Grandma in the mail. He decided that wearing his Elmo stickers all over him would be a good idea. He somehow also managed to give me something special to wear on my cute red shirt: poop. Yes, you heard me correctly. Don't ask how it happened. It was gross. And no, I did not continue to wear that red shirt past 9 am. Sometimes Valentine's Day is romantic. And sometimes you just remember you're still a mom, even on a holiday. :)
Kaden played with his "bloons" all day...
Kaden running from stickers to his "bloons" all morning.
For Valentine's night Curtis "picked me up" at the front door with pretty pink roses. We decided our gifts to each other would be a massage so at 5:00 we headed off to our massages after we dropped Kaden at the MacLean's for a babysitting swap. Massages. One word: Glorious! Best idea we've had in a long time. We enjoyed an awesome dinner out at Trata, one of Rochester's only hip, swanky, chic, new restaurants. The food was delicious and it was a lovely evening.






No comments:
Post a Comment