Both Jaren and Curtis had tons of studying/school stuff/job
search stuff to do, so Amberly and I took the kiddos to Kango on Friday
afternoon. They had a blast playing
together. Kaden found this little boy
who was willing to pedal him around for a long time so Kaden just sat and
relaxed while the big kid did all the work. Ha ha! Way to work the system
Kaden. That night we had cheese fondue
for dinner (with broccoli, baguette,
potatoes, marinated pork and pears) and dessert fondue (chocolate with fruit)
after the kids went to bed. We had a
great time hanging out and catching up!
On Saturday we tried to go sledding at Mendon Ponds Park in
Pittsford. We all had on our snow gear,
got the tubes all pumped up and ready to go. It was really icy snow but we
figured it would still be okay. Curtis and Kaden decided to take the maiden
voyage down the hill and hit a sharp patch of ice and the tube got a huge hole
and immediately went flat! Ha ha. We
couldn’t stop laughing.
After that we didn’t dare take the second tube down the hill because we figured it would pop too, so I offered to take it back to the car while everyone else played in the snow. I was trying to get the little nozzle up so I could let the air out and propped the tube up inside the trunk. Apparently I picked the only spot in the trunk to place it where there was a screw sticking down so I popped our second tube too! Ha ha. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.
After that we didn’t dare take the second tube down the hill because we figured it would pop too, so I offered to take it back to the car while everyone else played in the snow. I was trying to get the little nozzle up so I could let the air out and propped the tube up inside the trunk. Apparently I picked the only spot in the trunk to place it where there was a screw sticking down so I popped our second tube too! Ha ha. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.
We took them to Wegman’s for yummy samples (which were
amazing) and lunch in the café. We
sampled some different cheeses and ended up buying this Brie that was to die
for and ate it as our afternoon snack with crostini’s.
That night we went to the Museum of Play and had a great time. It’s seriously the best kid’s museum. We’re spoiled to have it be our first experience because it’s one of the Top 10 kid’s museums in the nation.
The Berenstein Bear's Clubhouse
That night we went to the Museum of Play and had a great time. It’s seriously the best kid’s museum. We’re spoiled to have it be our first experience because it’s one of the Top 10 kid’s museums in the nation.
The Giant's Playroom (from Jack and the Beanstalk)
The Berenstein Bear's Clubhouse
Sesame Street

We loved having Amberly and Jaren and Xochitl (and soon-to-be-baby boy Goff) come visit. It's always fun to see them.









No comments:
Post a Comment