We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Job and Kadenisms

Curtis has been in the process of interviewing for jobs for what feels like forever. Two weeks ago when we had the sister missionaries over for dinner Curtis got a call from Zions Bancorporation, (the company that owns Zions Bank) from the corporate finance group and got a killer job offer! We were so shocked at how good it was.  Of the 4 jobs Curtis has interviewed for in recent weeks, this one totally came out of nowhere and has been the job on the back burner the whole time.  They found his resume in their system because he'd applied for another job with the same company, they contacted Curtis, rather than the other way around and flew him out to interview.  We were pretty sure we were going to accept an offer from Wells Fargo in Charlotte, NC or Hertz (rotational program),  but this job totally blew us out of the water. Curtis used this offer to contact the other companies and try to move the process forward with everyone.  He ended up getting 3 offers and of all of them, this one with Zions Bancorporation was seriously so much better than all the others in every way.  We are excited to be moving to Bountiful, UT in June and Curtis will start working in Salt Lake on June 16th. This whole process has been bittersweet.  While we are excited to live by family, we also really had our hearts set on Charlotte, NC.  Maybe someday… for now we know after much thought and prayer that this is where the Lord wants us to be.

Here are some of our recent Kadenisms: Kaden loves to clean. He loves to dust, to sweep, and of course to mop.  I think it rather funny that some of his earliest words have all been things like "mess, broom, mop, and dust." Perhaps I am too much of a neat freak sometimes. But maybe he'll be a good helper once he gets big enough to be truly useful, right?  He doesn't just like to clean.  I notice when I go to the Y to pick him up from ChildWatch that he's usually trying to pick up the toys and put them away. Ha ha! He's an organizer too!


Kaden loves to wear my headbands as of late. It's becoming quite a fight some days to get him to take them off before we leave the house. :)
I recently did a Busy Bag swap with 9 other girls in my ward. I organized it because it's still so cold in Rochester that Kaden is so bored with his toys, but yet it's too cold to go outside or too rainy, and we needed new activities, but I don't have the money to buy a ton of new toys.  One of his favorite activities has been to play with magnetic pom poms.  He and Evie played with these FOREVER over the course of several days, while I watched Evie so her parents could pack.  The MacLeans moved to Salt Lake on May 3rd and Kaden has asked every day, "Mama, Ebbie, play? Pwease…"  How do you explain to your 21 month old that your best friend doesn't live here anymore? He doesn't get it at all. I'm glad we'll be fairly close to them soon because I think it would break Kaden's little heart to not have his best friend around anymore.  Heck, it's been breaking my heart to have to always say to him the last few days, "Evie's gone buddy. She can't play today."

No comments:

Post a Comment