Friday September 5, 2014
Curtis had a little business trip to Chicago, so he and his co-worker, Scott Murff, decided to both have me and Megan (Scott's wife) tag along for a fun trip. We left Kaden with the Fairbourns so that we could have a little time away, just us. Neither of us had ever been to Chicago, except for layovers on our way to somewhere else, so it was nice to actually get out of the airport and stay awhile. I must say it was the most relaxing airplane experience we've had in 2 years, to go through security with no stroller, not need to have snacks tested for safety, worry about a screaming toddler on the plane, etc… I actually read a book on the airplane! I think I forgot that was an option. (Of course we love Kaden dearly, but it's nice to have some time away sometimes.)
I must say I didn't really know much about Chicago going into this, but I was not disappointed. It's a beautiful city! I think probably one of my favorite big cities I've visited because the buildings were so pretty, there were nice parks and I love that it's right on Lake Michigan and there's a river that runs through the middle of the city. The first day we were planning on doing a few things, but it rained out all of our plans, so we ended up at the Lego store in the mall and had quite a lot of fun amusing ourselves by building our family in Legos. We were honestly in there for over an hour! We're all just big kids at heart I guess. (Check out the Lego city behind us. Pretty impressive!)
Curtis, the banker, and Gentri, the teacher.
Even though Kaden didn't go with us, we didn't want to leave him out of the family picture. :)
Our group shot with the Fairbourns and the Murffs.
Who can visit Chicago without saying, "Holy Cow! It's Harry Caray!?!!" This giant cow is outside his restaurant, complete with holes and giant glasses. Ha ha!
A few people told us to get hot dogs at Portillo's and I must say I was a little bit disappointed that the hot dogs tasted like bologna. I think I'm a bit of a "hot dog snob" in the sense that I only like beef ones. The salad I ordered was seriously delicious, so forget hot dogs, I'd go there for salad. Luckily, the cake shake did not disappoint either. Portillo's redeemed themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment