Saturday September 6, 2014
We heard from EVERYONE that we must go to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was soooo cool! I loved it. They had a full-sized German U-Boat from WWII and a huge exhibit on how they captured it during the war and used it to get code and other secrets. It was super interesting. I must have spaced actually getting a picture of the U-Boat though. It was that interesting I forgot about my camera…which is rare.
Creepy clowns. Why must they waste exhibit space for the circus? Eek.
This was a giant model of the city of Chicago with a train running all around and through it. Pretty impressive whoever designed/built this thing! And oh yeah, there's a giant airplane hanging from the ceiling above us too. No big deal.
There was this game in the human bodies exhibit called "Mindball." You put on the headbands and it supposedly measured your stress levels. The more calm you could be, the more easily you could move the ball your opponent's direction, and into their goal. Curtis and I played it and I lost INSTANTLY 3 times in a row. I must be stressed out.
I figured it must be a fluke, so then I had Curtis play Scott and they both were so calm that the ball was practically in the center the whole time. They were there for so long that a huge crowd gathered around to watch since no one else had been able to go that long. Curtis won in the end. He's just really low key I guess. Good thing a stress ball like me married a normal, calm person. :)
We explored the University of Chicago's campus after the museum, since it was nearby. It was super pretty! I loved all the big trees and cool, old buildings. It made me kind of miss college. But only the walking around campus part.
Even the lamps at this campus are pretty
Scott, Megan and Ella Murff
Yours truly
Sweet baby Ella. Don't you just want to squish her cheeks? She's so cute!
Curtis actually admitted that holding Ella made him a little baby hungry. Hooray!
We ate at an awesome Greek restaurant near the campus and then headed over to the Navy Pier to watch the Venetian festival. They had boats decked out with different broadway shows circling around the Pier. We missed about half of it, but it was still cool. I forgot my tripod, so disregard the fact that all the night pictures are a bit fuzzy. Low lighting. It happens.
We got the BEST churros at Navy Pier that were filled with a vanilla pudding-like substance. Ridiculously overpriced, but super tasty!
The view from the Pier- stunning at night! This picture does Chicago no justice at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment