October 2014
Every year poor Curtis' birthday kind of gets the back burner to everything else. I guess that can only be expected when your birthday is October 1st and always falls on the same weekend as mission reunions and General conference. This year I was determined to make sure we did something better than our usual lame-o celebration for him.
On his actual birthday Kaden and I tried to surprise Curtis at work with cupcakes. Right as we were getting on the elevator, my cupcake carrier opened and every cupcake but one dropped on the ground! It was so depressing. So Curtis got a cupcake and his colleagues didn't... ha ha. That night he had a mission reunion, so we went to that and then Curtis had a networking thing that the University of Rochester had invited him to come to as an alumni, so we didn't do anything terribly exciting for the night of his actual birthday.
We went to a Mexican restaurant with my family to celebrate Curtis' birthday 2 days late. My dad also got us tickets to the BYU vs. USU football game @ BYU, which was awesome because we were sitting in the middle of the Cougar Club section and Utah State spanked BYU! Muahaha! Love me a good Aggie game.
I was going to get us tickets to go to a murder mystery dinner, but they were $85 each and I thought that was a little pricey, so instead I ordered a murder mystery dinner game off Amazon and we put on our own with Curtis' family to celebrate Curtis' birthday and his mom's birthday. We all dressed up like our characters and had a grand time. I was Claire Voyant, the psychic. Curtis was Bo Jalais, the random French guy.
Nicki was Tara Misu and Brad was Rocco Scarfazzi.
Dana was Mama Rosa, Marv was Father Al Fredo, Jason was Angel Roni and Marco Roni (since Evan couldn't make it last minute, Jason was kind enough to play two parts- a male and a female.)
We ate Italian food, talked in our Italian accents and finally figured out that Curtis was the one who killed Pepi Roni. It was a blast!




This sounds like so much fun! I've never done a Murder Mystery dinner, but I think I'll have to add it to my to-do list.
ReplyDeleteI highly recommend it! :)
Delete