We went to St. George with my family, Mom, Dad and Missy, and Missy's boyfriend, Tanner, over the weekend of September 19-21, 2014. (Ty and Ashley couldn't make it.) We had a ton of fun doing some tiny, Kaden-friendly hikes, playing in the sand at the sand dunes, playing at the hotel pool and just relaxing.
Kaden absolutely loved the sand! He loves sandboxes, so this was like a dream come true to be surrounded by so much of it. (Please excuse his random outfit. I just picked the 2 darkest things in his wardrobe that I didn't think red sand would completely ruin and had him wear those together.)
Kaden thought it was pretty cool to get buried with Mommy and Daddy in the sand!
Kaden is such a good climber. He just gets better every day. He was absolutely in heaven with all this red rock and sand. He was climbing on EVERYTHING! He's only 2, but he can honestly keep up with kids that are twice his age most of the time. Curtis is hopeful that he'll have a rock climbing buddy in a few years and that they can go rappelling and climbing together.
We went to Tuacahn Theatre both nights we were there. We saw the Wizard of Oz the first night and the Little Mermaid the second night, which was AMAZING! I liked the Wizard of Oz, but seriously LOVED the Little Mermaid. Maybe part of my love was the nostalgia of my favorite childhood Disney movie come to life, and knowing all the words to all the songs, but it really was incredible, nostalgia or not. It was so clever the way they used the set to make it appear that half the scenes were underwater. Their special effects were awesome. Even Curtis loved it too and he didn't even initially want to go see it at all. Glad I made him go. :)
We also went to this little Children's Museum in St. George. I was a bit skeptical that it would even be that decent since it only cost $3 to get in. (In my mind, usually cost determines how awesome it will be.) I must say that I was pleasantly surprised and Kaden had a blast! It was cute and we ended up wishing we'd had more time there. Kaden loved flying the airplane, dressed as a pilot and towing this suitcase from room to room. They also had a stage that you could perform on and wear costumes, and Kaden was loving the songs that were blaring. You may recognize such hits as "The Wheels on the Bus" and the "ABC's" (or "ah-bee-chees" as Kaden calls them).


No comments:
Post a Comment