We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Kaden the Three Year Old

August 17, 2015. I can't believe Kaden is three! It's gone by so quickly that my baby has turned into a big boy.   

Here are his favorite things at three:
Color: Green & Orange
TV Show: Dinosaur Train, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood & Thomas the Train
Movie: Pixar "Chicken Movie" (For the Birds, a Pixar Short), Lion King, Mulan, Monsters, Inc. and Cars
Friend: Evie and Brooke (both moved. I guess we need to make some new friends...)
Toy: Train and Puzzles
Stuffed Animal: Big and Small Giraffe
Books: Giraffes can't Dance, anything from Dr. Seuss Learning Library or Dr. Seuss
Outdoor Activity: Jumping on the trampoline, riding bikes or his scooter
When I Grow Up I want to Be: A Daddy

Kaden's favorite clothing item of choice for the last 6 months has been rain boots. He got these from my Mom for Easter and has worn them daily since then.  Rarely does a day go by that he's not wearing his green bug boots for at least part of the day, and usually with some orange.


Kaden is a curious and clever boy. He's always making up songs and performing for our family. His "one man band" steals the hearts of everyone, every time. He loves to learn new things and is constantly surprising us with his ability to memorize and quote lines from books and songs, often that he's only heard once.  I'll hear him saying things to himself during the day like, "schlopp, schlopp, beautiful schlopp. Beautiful schlopp with a cherry on top."  (From a Dr. Seuss book he heard once.)




Kaden is a happy boy. He loves life and he loves to laugh and be silly.  He's constantly trying new things to see if it gets a good reaction (laughter) from us. It makes him happy to no end to make others laugh.  He is so silly. He is always changing the words to songs to make them sillier and (to himself) funnier. For example I heard him singing, "Let's get down to business, to defeat the ______daddy's" (instead of Huns, from Mulan.)



Kaden is stubborn and extremely independent. He wants things to be his idea (like potty training, which he still is not, and shows zero interest in it most days unless he initiates the idea) and won't listen to us half the time once he decides what he wants/is going to do. As a parent that trait can be completely exasperating in a three year old, but I think as Kaden gets older it'll serve him well that he wants to do things himself (even when everything takes FOREVER) and that he likes to learn.  No matter how crazy he makes me some days, I love my Kadenbug. He is one of a kind, little Mr. Personality and on days where he snuggles up in my lap and says, "Mommy, I love spending time with you. You make me happy," I just couldn't love this boy more.  He's three now, going on 20...

No comments:

Post a Comment