We are a Happy Family

We are a Happy Family

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

This is out of order. Oops. For Labor Day weekend we had the Seawright Family Reunion at my parent's cabin. We didn't get to do any boating since the weather was awful (rainy, stormy, windy, super cold, etc...) which was a bummer. We mostly just hung out at the cabin and talked.  

My kids all had a horrible weekend. They all got sick and not one of them slept hardly at all. Which meant that neither did Curtis and I. It wasn't the most fun weekend ever, let's be honest. We were exhausted by the time it was over.  I hardly pulled my camera out at all, except to take a few landscape shots of the sunset and what not.  There were people there. I promise: Jerry& Sherrie, Gardner & Jessica, Molly & Austin, Larry & Kristie, Ty, Ashley & Lexi, my parents, our family and Missy & Tanner.


Kaden doing his signature "Kaden dance" as he walked back from a hike down to the burned out green bus by the cabin.


The view of the Bear Lake from the cabin. The ONLY good thing about getting NO sleep all weekend is being up early enough to enjoy a beautiful sunrise.




The one highlight of the weekend was swimming at the pool with Kaden. Our conversation was priceless:
Us: "Do you want to wear your rash guard or go bare-chested like Dad?"
 Kaden: "I want to be bare-chested like Dad." (Thinks for a moment...) "Mom, why don't you go bare-chested too?" 
Me: "Uh, that's just not something girls do buddy. Someday you'll know why."
Kaden: (Thinks for a minute.) "I know why Mommy. If you go bare-chested then your bra will fall in the water and get wet."

Baha! Yes. That is the reason. Should I be horrified that he knows all about bras and where girls wear them? 

No comments:

Post a Comment