March 17, 2016 (St. Patrick's Day)
My little buddies are growing up so fast. Each month that goes by, I can hardly believe they're a month older. I swear time goes double fast with twins.
Carson weighs 18 lb. 3.5 oz, (25th percentile for weight) 28.75 inches long. Carson army crawls everywhere! He's super fast too! I have greater motivation to keep my floor swept and mopped better since Carson is always licking the floor, eating things off of it, and crawling all over it. If ever I can't find Carson he's usually one of three places: in the bathroom licking the toilet bowl (sick!), playing with a doorstop somewhere or in the mud room crawling into his carseat to get his pacifier. Carson and Cole are so opposite in some things. Carson lives for purees and Gerber cereals, applesauce (anything smooth really). He doesn't really like the finger foods much except for Lil' Crunchies (basically Gerber's version of baby Cheetos, but supposedly healthier. Right...)
When he needs a break from crawling he pauses and strikes this pose! Every time. Cracks me up!
Carson boy loves the sliding glass door and his reflection. He is always over there looking at himself, smiling, and pounding on the glass.
This picture perfectly captures what are honestly Carson's two favorite things right now: the orange ring and a syringe. I just give him a clean syringe to play with since he likes them so much. He'll even crawl around with it in his hand. Ha ha.
Carson sleeps a lot like Kaden in that he often has one or two limbs out the crib when he sleeps or his pacifier hanging out
This was when Carson got his helmet off. He was soooo happy!
Cole is 20 lb. 11 oz (75th percentile for weight) and 28.25 inches long. This boy and his rolls! I could eat him up!!! He continues to be the sweetest boy. He is a happy camper, loves to eat, he used to be a good sleeper but he's been sick/teething for awhile now so he hasn't been the best but I'm sure it'll get better when he doesn't feel so yucky. Coley has two tiny teeth on the bottom (but I can't seem to get a good picture of them.) He loves to eat cereal, pancakes, fruit, string cheese, avocado, really just about anything I give him. He's really good at getting food in his mouth by himself and doesn't like help. He prefers self-feeding over purees a lot.
I love Coley's chubby, square feet
This picture pretty well sums up life for Cole starting 9 months. Carson is a blur since he crawls so quickly everywhere and Coley just sits and waits patiently to be handed toys or snacks.
Sometimes life for Cole is lonely since Carson follows Kaden around and Cole is often left where he got put initially. (Notice Carson's feet in the top right corner...)
For my photography class I did a series that the instructor titled "A Day in the Life"... of a twin, so I have a bunch of pictures that describe the twins perfectly right now. Eating each other and crawling all over each other for toys.
The twins play together a lot and love to be on the ground to explore
Carson usually gets bored at meals very quickly. This face cracks me up because we see it every day at every meal. Once he's done eating he just gives us this look, like, "Hello, I'm SO bored. Please rescue me."
Now that Carson can crawl he gets really mad when I put him in the Exer-Saucer. He likes his freedom and cries a lot when he's confined.
All my boys love their playtime with Daddy (because he's SO fun of course!)
"The brothers" also love having bath time with their big brother Kaden. Kaden is sweet with them and likes to talk, sing to them and entertain them. As long as they don't slobber on his stuff, they are all good buddies.
Outside Playtime
It's been nice enough weather that we've been able to go outside a little bit- to the park and on wagon rides. Neither of the twins seemed terribly enthralled with the swings but they tolerated it.
This is the twins at 38 weeks "out" (since they spent 38 weeks "in") ha ha.









































No comments:
Post a Comment